As federal workers and contractors closely watch the 2019 government shutdown we thought we would give you the updates on what agencies are open and how you can better benefit during this time.
Currently some agencies have been funded through the end of fiscal year 2019 and are operational those agencies are:
- Veterans Affairs, Health & Human Service, Department of Defense, Department of Energy, Department of Education, and Department of Labor.
GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) is funded through industrial funding fees and will be operational so long as the fees are available.
Although no one knows when the shutdown will end there are several resources to federal contractors and employees such as:
- Credit unions are offering small loans and assistance.
- NerdyHire.com is offering part time immediate positions to individuals who have no income due to the shutdown.
- Immediate food stamp benefits are being offered through your local offices, click here for more information
- Unemployment benefits are being offered through your local unemployment office.
Was this post helpful? Let us know by leaving a comment or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ilene Giles is a GSA schedules expert that has helped thousands of businesses grow with GSA schedule.s Get her FREE REPORT, “Top 5 Secrets You Need To Know Before Applying For A GSA schedule” or schedule your FREE thirty minute consultation TODAY by clicking here