Making a determination of if a GSA Schedule is right for you can done by doing your research.GSA currently has over 15 categories of federal schedules that cover a wide range beginning with supplies and services to wild land fire and equipment so you have a lot to choose from. Once you locate the schedule that fits your needs you will also be able to evaluate the competition’s products and pricing, this will help you to be able to price out your offer. The GSA Schedule Number will have Special Item Numbers, or SIN’s, which are a sub category within the main schedule. The SIN provides a detailed description of what that particular product or service is. Here are a few steps in finding a GSA Schedule that fits your needs:
- You would first start out on the GSA Schedules e-Library website at http://www.gsaelibrary.gsa.gov/ElibMain/home.do.
- Enter a keyword in the search engine that best describes your commodity. That will bring up a list of schedules and SIN’s relating to that category.
- Read the description of the schedule and SIN’s so that you will be able to make a definite decision on which schedule suits you best.
- Once you have made your decision on which schedule you would like to submit an offer for you will be able to locate other contractors who currently have GSA contracts under that schedule.
- Click on the SIN number listed under the category and a list of all the contractors under that schedule will appear, these companies will be your competitors. Be sure to take note of their GSA Schedule number, contact information, discounts offered, and pricing.
You will be able to look at the competition’s GSA Schedule pricelist by taking the GSA Schedule number that you notated earlier and entering that number in the E-Library search engine, the competitors pricelist will be under, “Contractor T&C Pricelist”. Researching your competition can also assist you on if you are able to compete with other contractors in your field. Sometimes a GSA Schedule just does not fit within your companies budget. Your product or service may also be listed to be purchased through a mandated source. In that instance it is very difficult to obtain a GSA contract.
For further assistance you may contact Procurement Source Solutions at 800-267-7640