GSA recently announced updates to the implementation of the 8a partnership agreement. To assist federal agencies with SBA’s 8a Program through the use of GSA’s MAS Program the two agencies have entered into a partnership agreement. The full implementation is anticipated to take place by the spring of 2023. This agreement will afford the following to both participating contractors and federal agencies:
- Increased opportunities for 8(a) contractors that allow them to compete in a safe set-aside environment.
- Access to a large number of 8(a) contractors and other socioeconomic contractors to meet socioeconomic goals for a wide range of products and services.
- Increased ordering flexibility under the MAS Program, including sole source awards to 8(a) firms.
- Streamlined acquisition processes to incentivize agencies to use 8(a) solutions.
- Standardized processes for reaching agreement on acquisition strategies between GSA and SBA.
GSA Proposal Maven Inc. is a government contract firm that has helped thousands of businesses increase their bottom line with the GSA MAS contract program, 8(a) Certification Program, VOSB Certification, SDVOSB Certification, and other federal agency contracts. Get your FREE report, “What You Need To Know Before Applying For A GSA schedule” or schedule your thirty-minute consultation by clicking here.