On or about August 29, 2018 the Office of Professional Services and Human Capital (PSHC) is planning Refresh #32 to incorporate changes for Professional Services Schedule, SIN 520-20 Data Breach and Identity Protection Services (IPS SIN). Changes and its clarifications will be issued in two Attachments below are upcoming changes for Attachment 1:
Attachment 1 Changes & Clarifications
● GSA is providing clarity on “impacted individual” and “enrollee” in regards to their usage in the pricing tables
found in Document 2, which supports SIN 520-20.
● To eliminate scope overlap, “data breach analysis services” will be removed from SIN 520-20 as it is already contained in SIN 520-17, Risk Assessment and Mitigation Services, as “breach forensic services”
● Revisions and/or clarifications were made to Identity Protection Services (IPS) Requirements Document 1A in support of SIN 520-20 as noted:
○ Page 1 – Definitions provided for an “Enrollee” versus an “Impacted Individual”
○ Page 2 – Clarifications and links provided under the scope of the System Security Plan Requirements
○ Page 4 – Changes and/or clarification provided to paragraph “f” and “g” on the “Specific Requirements Associated with a Call Center”
○ Page 5 – Clarification provided to the paragraph referencing how the “Contractor shall connect impacted individuals with designated identity restoration services and identity theft insurance services”
○ Page 5 – “Specific Requirements Associated with Notification” will include the review of the National Change of Address (NCOA)
○ Page 6 – Revision made to paragraph “d” under the section titled “Specific Requirements Associated with Credit Monitoring Services”
○ Page 10 – “Section II – Additional Services” provides more examples of additional services allowed
● Identity Protection Services (IPS) Requirements Document 2 in support of SIN 520-20 provides for the following changes found on pages 13-16:
○ Prices offered must be provided two ways. (Note: This includes all services cited in Section I of the IPS requirements Document 1A):
■ Total Solution – Price Per Year, Per Impacted Individual (Note: This includes the following services as outlined in Section I of the IPS Requirements Document 1A)
■ Total Solution – Price Per Year, Per Enrollee (Note: This includes the following services as outlined in Section I of the IPS Requirements Document 1A but is applicable to ONLY those individuals who enroll for Identity Protection Services)
■ Additionally industry is encouraged to provide “Line Item Pricing” which can be provided on either or both a “Per Impacted Individual” or “Per Enrollee” basis
■ Page 16 – “Section II – Additional Services” provides more examples of additional services allowed.
Revised Solicitation Attachments Containing Additional Instructions Relevant to SIN 520-20
● See Revised IPS Requirement Document 1A for Industry Definitions, Task Order Level Reporting Requirements, etc.
● See Revised IPS Pricing Document 2 for the mandatory pricing structure template for SIN 520-20
Benefits of Planned Changes
It was determined in the existing version of SIN 520-20 as written, there was ambiguity resulting in higher pricing exceeding commercial rates offered for same or similar services. The planned changes will provide industry clarity on “impacted individual” and “enrollee” in regards to their usage in the pricing tables and result in better pricing offered to the Government mirroring commercial rates.
Was this post helpful? Let us know by leaving a comment or contacting us at email@example.com.
Ilene Giles is a GSA schedules expert that has helped thousands of businesses grow with a GSA contract. Get her FREE CD, “What You Need To Know Before Applying For A GSA schedule” or contact her today for a FREE consultation at by clicking here